I did my first altered puzzle! Altered puzzles have been another one of those items on my long list of "want to try" projects... Well, I finally did it!
VOILA! It was a 24 piece Winnie the Pooh puzzle that I got from Dollar General. What's great is that it came in a great little tin that I can alter later. So for those of you out there who like to (or have ever wanted to) alter puzzles or Altoids tins, go to the Easter section of Dollar General for a super deal! Or just go find any other random puzzle, they all work great!
A doodle monsterpiece with some flower confetti. I used my cheapo rotary tool
to sand down the piece edges after putting paper on them. When you use the exacto knife to cut around the piece, there are still rough paper pieces that kinda overhang the edges. Sanding them with the little tool really helped the pieces actually fit back together again.
And some wire elements on this piece. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out... Honestly, I had a hard time focusing and actually FINISHING it. I just had to think of each piece as a puzzle piece-shaped inchie. That made it a little easier to complete, even though I think I slacked on several pieces.
Anyhoo, happy Tuesday! I hope springtime is treating you well, and my condolences to those of you with allergies right now...